Kpop Treasure Hunt: Finds of the Week #2


Where I talk about all the little buried gems I have unearthed in the land of Kpop over the week.

1. (G)I-DLE - Please/Give Me Your


A song doesn't always have to be some experimental marvel to be enjoyable and this one serves as proof of that. Instantly likeable, it is a jazzy song with a simple melody and cute lyrics about a woman who, quite frankly, is completely whipped for her guy. Perfect song for crush-watching or confessing your love to your significant other, if you are one of those lucky people (unlike me).

2. BIBI - Step (Live Band Version)


The original track, while still good, fell more under the indie electronica category which has been explored to death in the k-indie scene. It was the live band version of this song that really made me fall for it. The band gave it a richer soundscape with an alternative rock influence that, combined with BIBI's sultry vocals, ups the sensuality of the song and gives it the extra oomph that it needed to stand out from the crowd.

3. DIA - Woowa


What better way to up the energy than a retro club song! I wouldn't call this one a perfect song by any means. The verses unfortunately lack impact. It is the chorus where the song grabs me really. It is stupid fun and made for when you want to have a completely uncool solo dance party. You know what I'm talking about, don't pretend. Also, this song speaks a bit to the giant T-ara shaped hole in my heart.

What were some of your favorite discoveries this week? Let me know in the comments down below!

Comments

Popular Posts